This is part of our ongoing series on home maintenance basics to help you keep up your home and grow your investment with confidence.
Just like watering your plants keeps them growing strong, regular maintenance keeps your home happy and healthy, too!
Managing your home can feel like a chore, but with your new best friend (aka, Keep) every day you can receive tips to manage the upkeep without added stress.
So, if you haven’t already, enable Keep Home on your Amazon Alexa Flash Briefings, grab a cup of tea, or joe … or something harder (hey, it’s 5 o’clock somewhere), and take a look at some of the awesome home maintenance tips our Instagram followers recently shared:
- If you don’t use it for 6 months, get rid of it! No clutter this way!
- My No. 1 maintenance tip is to find professionals you can trust both on work and on honesty … Ask your friends for recommendations.
- Don’t get overwhelmed! Just make a shortlist and whenever you have time or money, do one thing at a time!
- Make sure to change air filters regularly, this helps out tremendously with electrical billing. Switching to energy-saving lightbulbs is also a great way to save on your electric bill.
- Keep your garbage disposal smelling fresh by throwing some lemon and lavender down the shoot!
- Change the rotation of your ceiling fans twice a year to increase energy efficiency.
Wow! Thanks, everyone!
Need help navigating your Alexa? We have step-by-step instructions on how to enable your Alexa Flash Briefings.
P.S. Don’t have an Alexa? (Or just want another?) You’re in luck! We’re giving away three Amazon Echo Show 5’s. Post your home maintenance tip with #MyKeepHomeTip for a chance to win.
For more around-the-house suggestions, check out these posts:
- Five ways to use your Amazon Alexa at home.
- If summer just won’t quit, check out our guide to air conditioners.