Halloween is lurking right around the corner and we’re here to provide some fun and pretty sweet ways to celebrate at home … yanno, since we’re all still living that pandemic life. 🧡
While all the holidays this year may feel a little different, you can still have a memorable evening at home!
So grab a piece of candy, or two … or three (OK, just grab the whole bag) and read on for some tricks to have a ghoulish good time!
1. Spooky movie marathon
Put on a white shirt and call yourself a 👻. Make some easy, boo-tastic Halloween snacks and get excited for a night on the couch. Here are some of our favorite movies you can stream right now:
- Netflix: “Hubie Halloween” (2020), “Poltergeist” (1982), “The Addams Family” (1991)
- Hulu: “Casper” (1995), “Children of the Corn” (1984), “Coraline” (2009)
- Disney +: “Hocus Pocus” (1993), “Halloweentown” (1998), “The Nightmare Before Christmas” (1993)
These simple Halloween decoration ideas will get you in the spooky spirit. 🕷
Tip: Those spiderwebs you haven’t gotten around to cleaning during this very strange year? Leave ’em! They’re festive.
3. Put on your Zoom party pants 🤡
If you’ve been itching for a party, it’s time to plan a virtual get-together that you’ll remember for years. Have everyone dress up, do a costume contest, and play some Halloween-themed Zoom games!
4. Give ‘em pumpkin to talk about 🎃
Good news: Pumpkin carving is one of the few activities that has earned the Centers for Disease Control’s approval. Woohoo!
But if using a knife to carve a giant gourd sounds like a horror story waiting to happen, skip it and try one of our Halloween pumpkin painting ideas instead!
5. Brew up a spooky spirit
For many folks this year, the following info might be pretty crucial for yet another evening spent at home, so we’re going to drop it right here. Enjoy! 🍬🍷
Find more ideas to celebrate at home on our Halloween Pinterest board. (Follow us if you dare!) For other fun inspo, check out these posts:
- Interested in indulging in your love of chocolate? Check out our list of all our favorite chocolate things.
- Looking to switch up your coffee game? Check out our top ways to brew coffee.